Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 5 working days
- Order number: AT20-1-1200
- Shipping Weight 4 kg
High-quality skid plate by ALTRIDER, specifically designed for the HONDA CRF1100L Africa Twin model.
This tough and robust skid plate was engineered from the ground up to provide better coverage, strength and ground clearance than any other skid plate on the market.
HONDA’s Africa Twin utilizes a classic dirtbike-inspired dual frame rail. ALTRIDER embraced this approach by designing a skid plate that builds on the advantages provided by this type of frame. Unlike other designs on the market, ALTRIDER utilizes 4 bolt locations on the frame instead of nesting the bracket on one side. This bracket design provides a strong platform to mount the skid plate using 4 heavy duty M8 (5/16”) bolts.
Ground clearance is an extremely important but often overlooked consideration, especially on bigger bikes. HONDA made the effort to give this bike substantial clearance, and thanks to the bike’s frame rail design the ALTRIDER skid plate was engineered to retain as much of that clearance as possible when installed. Some skid plates utilize a corrugated design to enhance strength, but those designs also sacrifice clearance. The ALTRIDER skid plate was given a smooth bottom design for maximum clearance and easy maneuvering over obstacles, and the 4 mounting points on the frame rails make up that strength.
ALTRIDER’s intelligent bracket design allows users to change the oil with the bracket in place. The skid plate is also compatible with the center stand on, and can be installed on both DCT and manual transmission models. The one-piece skid plate is simple to install, and all top-quality hardware is provided.
- ALTRIDER motorcycle accessories are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- Custom-made for the HONDA CRF1100L Africa Twin model
- Also fitting the Adventure Sports model after removing the original HONDA skid plate
- Single piece of 4.1 mm aluminum is laser cut, grain finished, formed and TIG welded
- Protects entire bottom side of liquid cooled motor including headers
- Cut outs allow for airflow and heat dissipation
- Larger 2” diameter formed bends for added strength and better cornering clearance
- Smooth bottom surface for ground clearance and ability to slide over obstacles without getting hung up
- Mounts to four factory hard points, and rubber shock absorbing bumpers spread load to frame rails
- Mounting bracket has captured threaded fasteners for ease of installation
- Stainless steel fasteners for long life and corrosion resistance
- Compatible with HONDA Light Bar
- Note: NOT compatible with the optional DCT foot shifter!
- Available in powder-coated black